Monday, August 21, 2006

The Teen Scene: The Teen Choice Awards

Amazing that Britney Spears still has a career in showbiz. I've always thought that talentless celebrities have little to no staying power. I was wrong with Spears. She is continuously trotted out to "entertain" all the teenies, and inspire the youth of the world. Another mind-numbing celeb. is Jessica Simpson. According to Yahoo, those two words are the ones that people of the world are overwhelmingly typing into their popular search engine. Is she really all that interesting? I have talked to many teens, probably not enough for a good sampling of the population; nevertheless, I have yet to meet any that listen to this music, let alone purchase it. I know I sound like a old windbag. But, I just can't believe that the young people are snowed by such drivel; so devoid of any substance. I like some of the younger acts; The Strokes come to mind. Some of the guys in the band look younger than Spears and were probably born long after Iggy Pop made Lust for Life. All I know is that, I have a new found respect for rappers. Not everyone can do it. Just ask Kevin Fedderline. Not enough black people on the stage; lights, props, and noise can give him cred. It's like Florence Henderson or David Hasselhoff trying to do a Shakespearian tragedy. Although, I'd pay to see that.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home