Wednesday, August 30, 2006

FOO-King The Dominant Paradigm: Depression, Main Library Weirdos, Pity-Party

Today's title is rather fun. It's all true. I'm feeling way down, and pissed. The anger is what keeps me going. Sometimes humor. (Anger) This is the truest of emotions. It is what people in our society shy away from. Let's lock it all away and pretend it's not there. Cincinnati let it all hang out. Before 9-11, they roped off the ghetto and let the people go mad. Riots. People were coming in from all over the city to join in the wildness. The cops and the local government just sat back and watched as the madness unfolded. You can still see the remnants today. The city continues to shrink in population, as the leaders never really solved anything. I'm not saying any of this is easy. In fact, I'm surprised riots don't happen on a continuous basis.

So, again I want to be successful. But right now I feel like a rat running through a maze in search of the cheese. I can smell it but it's miles away. I'm not alone in this, I know. I feel alone though. The dominant paradigm; outgoing, clean-cut, sporty. Me, none of the above. By the looks of it, either are those that waited for the downtown branch of the public library to open. What a strange bunch. They all look deppressed, with an exception being the young lady making slashing motions with her arms, looking directly at me and shouting a mixture of gibberish and obscenities.

Well I must be off, the meter is running and I caught a whiff of the cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home